View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2018, 05:15 (Ref:3831546)   #40
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Looks like a reasonable finish in the Morgan, Mike, 19th? How come everyone does 2 pit stops - do you have maximum stint times?

Yes, a reasonable result but beaten by the other SLR that I help run in Europe! TBH I know that car and driver combo are currently faster so not upset. We had a clean run, no engine issues and no contact, so that was a refreshing change. Oh, hang on- the owner had a spin! After a great start and making up several places he then lost all the gain a few laps in....

Great race with NO Safety cars! The 2 driver changes are due to the slightly complicated rules that GTSCC impose. Owner has to do at least 50% of race, but no stint more than 40 minutes (in 90 min race) allowed. So to comply, owner has to start and finish. Pit stops are 'quick as you can', which I don't particularly like- probably as for more than one reason we are a bit slow....

Still a good meeting, despite one or two grids missing and virtually no spectators... But The Classic will make up for that, no doubt!