Thread: LE MANS CLASSIC
View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2018, 05:02 (Ref:3836213)   #191
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
It might be all about the cars, but when are you supposed to sleep! I went this year, did not enjoy the weather at all, so was not overkeen on being out and about all night.
Anyone that goes to the 24hrs or LMC expecting to sleep is going to the wrong events, my friend.

Quote:
And missed every single session for the first and last groups, despite being out on track for at least 7 hours both days. All these two classes seemed to be very early or very late i the day, bith days I was there. That to me is fairly poos on the part of the organisers.
How the heck are the plateaux supposed to be run, then? As is the cars and drivers in each get the same amount of time for reprep and rest between races. (It wouldn't have taken much research to work out the format and plan accordingly.)

Quote:
I saw some cool stuff in the demos's, but hardly see the need for the Jaguar and Porsche races, there are enough of those cars in each section already. They were pointless for me I'm sorry.
I agree about the Porsche race, but it was a special to celebrate '70 years of Posrsche'. The Jag race presented an opportunity for lots of racers to drive Le Mans in cars that would possibly not get into the main event, and at considerably less cost! They don't get many laps, but have ticked the 'Le Mans' box..... If it was up to me- I'd lose the demos!