View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2015, 04:42 (Ref:3497872)   #29
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
…….. I have not included any mention of Classic Racing. I believe that they are very successful in there own right and should not be compared with current series events. Although they do bring through the gate the few dedicated petrol heads who will go to any event, they also pull from a large group of classic petrol heads who may only ever attend classic meetings.

So in my view we should compare Current with current, classics with classics, Bikes with bikes etc.
You can't substitute Classic racing with Tier 1 racing as Classic racing could never, from a matter of principle, take Tier 1's place.

However, I believe you can compare them if only to demonstrate the mire that Tier 1 is in. When you look at the entrant and spectator numbers at the top Classic meetings, they are not indicative of a sport in crisis. By comparison the entrant and spectator numbers at Tier 1 are pathetic but I don't think it is reflective of disinterest in the sport - just disinterest in the Tier 1 product.