View Single Post
Old 7 May 2017, 12:40 (Ref:3731937)   #227
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I personally disagree. The lapped car is running his own race, he has the right to a racing line, especially when the car behind isn't close enough to legitimately pass him without massive assistance. And although I'd like to see the accident again, I think due to the lock up that Hartley would've hit Dumas no matter when he turned in, because he was just going to slide into him after the panic brake.

Hartley isn't reckless, but he's always had issues with traffic. Sometimes he gets away with it, sometimes he doesn't. There doesn't appear to be the understanding from him that a lower class car can't change direction like he can and won't, and often can't get out of his way. Same as his Silverstone incident with the Gulf Porsche. The GT car is on the absolute edge there and was always going to need that bit of road, and he decided to put his car there.

Should've waited till after the corner IMO. Wasn't alongside enough, and even if Dumas ran wide to give him the gap then he'd have dropped the Porsche onto the outside for the second part, ending up with no change of position till after the corner anyway.