Thread: FIA GT Race No FIA GT World Cup for 2020?
View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2020, 21:49 (Ref:3956002)   #11
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post

They did, with a couple of caveats: the Nurburgring date was announced before anyone knew how the WEC Superseason was going to work. When Silverstone was announced, SRO changed Nurburgring from Endurance to Sprint. This year WEC was always likely to start 5/6 Sep (previous weekend at Silverstone is MotoGP) but SRO put Nurburgring there anyway and this time they have left it as Endurance. DTM is now the following weekend at Nurburgring so SRO are left with the clash.

Everything you write about the challenge SRO has given the scale of its operation, is true. I do think that this particular clash was avoidable, however, with a bit of foresight.

And we are, of course, off-topic!
I thought that was the case, because I attended the Silverstone WEC race last year and I remember watching the Blancpain races on the train to Edinburgh a few days later. I agree although the WEC/Barcelona 24 conflicts are not the biggest/worst conflicts on the SRO schedule (I believe the ADAC/IGTC conflicts will actually prove to be a big impact on the IGTC season). I plan to attend the race at Indianapolis and would love to see the conflict resolved because with an ADAC conflict some serious firepower will be missing from the line ups.

You are right though, we are off topic on this one. Hopefully Macau gets resolved, it's never much of a race but its a good spectacle in an important market for the manufacturers.