View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2016, 16:48 (Ref:3678169)   #69
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I don't care what they run elsewhere but still plan to watch Le Mans so it kinda does.

I'm sure with micro 7 car LMP1 field (!!!!!???) now at Le Mans the chances of LMP2 getting into overall positions 4-5 or even to the podium is pretty damn likely, however achieving it with some standard clone cost-cap pro-am spec car is infinitely less interesting than with what the alternative is.
Toyota may have 3 cars and Kolles might have 2 so that total can be 8 or 9, equal or one more than this year had. I don't know what your deal is with Rebellion going to lmp2. They didn't stand a chance and neither does Kolles in lmp1. Your issue with lmp2 is pretty trivial imo. The only cars up there were Ligier and Oreca. I think losing the BR01 and Gibson is sad, but they're not very competitive. Hopefully the 4 chassis have a pretty equal performance. I'd rather see that then the same two cars/teams winning (Alpine).