View Single Post
Old 14 Oct 2020, 12:39 (Ref:4010612)   #8
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I agree on the approach of a less complex formula. A few details to nitpick. Its my understanding that given modern understanding of friction, optimal combustion chamber size, etc. that a 12 cylinder engine would not be the first choice (it would sound lovely however). It would probably be a V8 or V10 solution. Unless a V12 was mandated. Also, given a target displacement, I think a V8 would probably be more compact than a V12. Last, I suspect we will continue with some type of Hybrid (KERS) solution.

Richard
I can see the point of the V6 Turbos in increasing vehicle efficiency and reducing pollution, the hybrid sytems however are not worth their weight in ballast, as RBR proved before the axle weights were mandated, and just add inefficiency to the cars.

Perhaps the way to slay the myth is set the minimum weight to 500kg without the drivers, mandate na V8s and allow any hybrid/KERS system that anyone wishes to add.