View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2000, 23:33 (Ref:17116)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Franklin, sometimes.... just sometimes.....

Now, surely the great thing about having different formulae is precisely that. They are DIFFERENT.

Drag racing is your thing. That is clear from many threads. So be it. There's nothing wrong with drag racing.

I, on the other hand, get a kick out of seeing a car turn a corner once in a while, and I enjoy seeing them come back and try the same corner lap after lap. And I also like seeing them come by in a different order occasionally.

It is easy to say that you can make a wiz-bang speedster go faster by taking everything that has been ruled off-limits and bunging it on the poor little beastie.

I rather think that there is technical achievement to be seen in the F1 designers looking at the narrowly defined parameters of car design that they are allowed, and then using them to find optimum performance - within those parameters. It is, if you will, a formula. And that is why it is christened as such.

That, in my book, takes real ingenuity.