View Single Post
Old 20 May 2019, 09:41 (Ref:3904828)   #87
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
You're allowed three laps to take a drive through, but it was notified less than three laps from the end. He would probably have lost a little less than 30 seconds if he'd taken it, but he was out of the points anyway, so it didn't matter.
And staying out is precisely in line with the current regulations, as noted in the official results:

'If an incident for which a Drive Through or Stop-Go Penalty is imposed occurs within 6 laps or less remaining to the finish of the Race, the BTCC Clerk will impose a time penalty of not less than 30 seconds and not more than 1 minute on to the total Race time of the driver'

It would probably be fairer to describe it as 'Chilton was awarded a 30 second penalty for an incident in the last 6 laps', as opposed to saying he failed to take a drive-through penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
while Chilton got 30 seconds added for failing to take drive-thru
When did the pit lane become an American Fast Food joint?