View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2018, 04:39 (Ref:3832598)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
The Ferrari poster is great, referring to the track by it’s proper pre-Ricard name, ‘Le Castellet’. I wonder why they chose to do that?

Having attended historic events there several times, I’m not surprised by the suggestions of traffic problems to get to the place! Unless you fly in to the circuit’s own airport, access from either direction is uphill via a windy single carriageway road through small villages with even narrower streets....

The various coloured stripes on the run off areas are (from memory) coded to denote the grip level available. I was told this reduces the further away you get from the track itself. When you’re racing at almost ground level, they are hardly noticeable, but of course very obvious in camera shots! As the run offs were extremely dirty on my visits, you wouldn’t want to use them out of choice....

The circuit tarmac used to be very abrasive, but I understand that it has been completely redone for this GP. Will find out for ourselves in 2 months time, and also what other ‘improvements’ the F1 circus has bought to the place.....