View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3211262)   #35
rupert the bear
Rookie

rupert the bear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rupert bear continued

Hi Jerry you old dog,my son found this site and got in touch ,memories of one of the happiest times of my life came flooding back,Well this is me to date, we followed the Imp trend ,a Richard Wallinger space frame was built and we used,Andy Chessman engines,fron greetham engineering,the result was awesom we fould we had the legs of most cars in all the circuirts we went to ,many came to Silverston with high hopes and left disapointed,when the MOD sprts were finally finished I like Iam sure many of us were gutted,I finally moved to the IOW it seemed a good idea at the time !!!!!! anyway i then got involved in Porsches and ended up competing in the UK and EUROPE IN A GT3 RSR for 6 seasons it was a fab car ,but at that level its all money and OK YAR Types.anyway Ihad just finished a 6 hr event at SPA and basically fell out the car completely knackered I then decided enough was enough ,I am now a member of the boring British public,not my scene so who knows, Getting back to the great 70`s and 80`s i am still in contact with Dave Pike my mech ..."mr mayhem and chaos " we had some fantastic years never to be forgotten , it always puzzled me how you stuck on my tail in an Anglia made from old Swish curtain tracks..........Do you remember how we each used to wind up the Motoring News about abusing each other ,he duely printed it and it ended up with two set of fans screeming in the stands...great,I can honestly say I MISSED SO MANY FRIENDS,in the end,especially my old mucca Gerry Talor,my best wishes to u all..Richard Long,...please note I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REPLY TO ANYONE QUICKLY AT PRESENT AS MY bull dog ..WINSTON has just had a tantrum and eat my laptop porsche.driver@hotmail.co.uk