Thread: Driver Ricciardo
View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2011, 16:22 (Ref:2962211)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
I never rated Daniel Ricciardo as much as most, and I still don't, but he's been competent at HRT. Not impressed, not unimpressed. I would have expected more of him in World Series by Renault, personally, and that alone makes me wonder. Unless his team there isn't that good?

I guess what I'm trying to say is nothing at all: I see no reason to do or not do anything with him next year. I wouldn't be against him getting an STR seat, but I also wonder what happens if Vergne wins the WSR title...
my thoughts exactly - i actually think vergne is a better all round driver. he's certainly more eloquent and interesting when he's not being asked awkward questions he can't answer about red bull. he also hasn't stitched himself up in the same way that ricciardo has done at least once a season.

there's nothing wrong with isr, they nearly won the title last year and if anyone's going to suggest that ricciardo isn't as competant as esteban guerrieri (who in that very drive, took it to carlin's aleshin and ricciardo at tech1) then well, that's an interesting thought. i just don't think ricciardo's heart was in it - he didn't have a genuine opportunity to win the title once it became clear he'd be missing at least 2 of the 9 events for f1 obligations. then again, if we take guerrieri last year, he missed 3 races (monaco and hungary) and still went at it like his life depended on it...

wickens is a fantastic driver, and if he took the title he'd richly deserve it too, but i really want vergne to win purely to see what red bull are going to do too.