View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2012, 02:13 (Ref:3087802)   #4
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't even think Qingdao is going to happen. No one in Chicomland knows anything about it and nothing gets done there without the appropriate payments to the right people in the Chicom government. If it does somehow happen, I bet the track will be a debacle, the same way the DTM, Superleague, A1GP and others have been screwed over.

The word months ago was that Izod had pretty much been completely absent from anything to do with the indy racin league, so it's clear they are out the door. For what they spent, they should have been generating tens of millions in sales every year off the back of it and they didn't. Waste of money and time.

Then you have Texas which probably will not last to next year. Baltimore which if it happens, is going to pay a much reduced sanctioning fee in the low 6 figures to the irl, just to make sure it works financially so the irl doesn't have that egg on their face of that race cancelling as well.

Rodeo randy's last desperate attempt is to try to get even more street races for next year as few permanent tracks want the irl. Like I said, it's about time to change the name to STREETCAR with all these street races. It's funny to watch the indy 5 hunnert I luv tony george types apocalyptic with all of these street races. Couldn't happen to a better group of people.

Sanctioning fees are the cash flow and with much reduced fees or losing fees all together then it's more contraction of revenue.

The series has been circling the drain for a while. Smoke is already arising with the coup rumors on rodeo randy and I think at some point a complete and total panic will set in. The next thing to go will be a reduction in welfare payments to teams.