View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2018, 18:26 (Ref:3855494)   #256
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ogier might steal this from right under the nose of Neuville you know! Hyundai might end with with nothing to show for their efforts if they're not careful. Why is the car seemingly so sensitive to grip levels? It either works or it really doesn't. They really struggled on day one as a result. Last year, I seem to recall the thing understeered horrendously.

Sir Malcolm Wilson was the guest commentator on Redbull TV for the Saturday live stage and listening to him, I was reminded of just how much he, MSport and their backers have invested in young up and coming drivers over the 20 odd years I've been watching the WRC.

More often than not, these youngsters were allowed to make expensive mistakes and mature with Malcolm and MSport and then invariably then moved elsewhere when they were somewhat polished! Petter Solberg and Markko Martin come to mind from the early days when I started watching. Of course, it doesn't always work out (Francois Duval, Roman Kresta) but I can't think of any team principal/team/manufacturer who gave some many drivers their first real step-up.

That man and his team deserves a lot of credit for that sort of service to the sport.