View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2019, 01:04 (Ref:3900374)   #35
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I made it up to VIR for the races Saturday and had a really nice time. The track was as beautiful as I imagined. Very laid back atmosphere wandering around there. There was a bigger crowd than I expected but the area open to spectators is so massive that even a huge crowd wouldn't fill it. I even ran into Mechanic Z out there! They tried to herd everyone into a parking area near the paddock but you were free to drive around wherever and there were quite a few people camping.

I've been to Barber and Road Atlanta and this reminded me of a combination of the two. Despite the big hills and elevation changes on the track, the infield spectator area was pretty easy to get around compared to Road Atlanta where you're constantly going up or down a steep hill. Most of the viewing areas are elevated and set back from the track like Barber with only a few spots to get really close to the track.

The on track action provided by the SRO series was on point and it was great seeing them on a proper track compared to St.Pete which is where I usually see them.