View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2017, 10:23 (Ref:3777188)   #5201
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
I can't say I ever found the 993/962 mongrels especially pretty. They looked like tanks compared to about any other car in the top classes. I also definitely wouldn't expect anything that remotely resembles it, since even then it was out of place compared to the legitimate supercars let alone the other homologation specials.

More likely look to the Mazda DPi. I think they could tighten the rules on the bodywork design to disallow the extra high nosed legality panel jigsaw puzzle of something like the later R18s, new BR, or the Ligier and come up with something more elegant than the current fender holes and it would probably give the manufacturers the room to do what they want in comparison to cars like the LaFerrari, Ford GT, and Aston Martin Valkyrie.