Old 3 Aug 2020, 13:59 (Ref:3992711)   #13
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I went on Saturday - great day of racing I thought and a nice mix of cars (not a big fan of the Radical type things but one duff grid is ok ). I don't think I've seen quite so many cars hit the pit wall in one day though - rusty drivers?

Social distacing seemed to be be stuck to pretty well I thought - there was one bloke that clearly didn't get it (and looked exactly how you'd picture such a person if you were asked) so he could be easily avoided. I'd imagine a BTCC meeting would be significantly busier even with restricted ticketing so the pinch points would be more of an issue but on the whole I was able to stay in my own bubble quite easily.

Should also mention one of the drivers in the Camo liveried Praga - Martyn Compton - if you don't know his background just do a quick Google search. The fact he's alive is a miracle in itself so it's great to see him out competing and doing well.
I must admit Saturday was the better day tbf, its a shame Britcar finish off their races in one day although I understand why. Some very good racing even the pe83’s who barely made 10 entries had a very good race on the Saturday.