View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1505431)   #25
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
heel'n'toe-no has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Well he should be Andrew, he used to build his own racing cars (size 1/1), the TOJ sportscars, and was a very good driver too.

Lee, I don't have a FF (yet), but always willing to take one of the models, if this helps your cause.
We'll have to wait and see what numbers we get, also what response I get from the 2 different builders.......it's looking better than it did first thing this morning though. Thanks, so far, to the interested parties.

JD your RF90 exhaust would probably have to be modified by you in order to get it exiting the car where Van Diemen intended in 1990, however, I have it on very good Van Diemen authority that it was realised that the car would perform better with the exhaust coming out of the side as the engine was sucking in cooler air. VD went on to tell me that this was an easy fix in 90/91 and nearly everbody made the modification as VD supplied a "retrofit" kit to do it. It is for this reason that I would commission the kit with the more common "side exiting" exhaust.

Incidentally, for anyone interested, the chap that came up with side exiting exhaust idea at VD was a South African that now works for B.A.R. F1. ..............He didn't do too bad then,did he?