View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4078981)   #267
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Looks like 11 hours. Going to do it 8 hours Wednesday, followed by 3 hours on Thursday.
I'll probably be doing a lot of the driving as Dad will be a little jet-lagged. Probably be an early start each day too.
Probably smart to get to the track during daylight hours. I really don't know what crowds will be like this year with the race weekend so much later. but arriving after dark to a new place only adds stress. My first Petit (back in 2003) my dad and I met at the track after both driving from different places. I had to wait outside the track and watch night practice for a couple hours while he made his way to the track. Then we had to setup camp in the dark, not a lot of fun after driving all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Plus side coming from the north you don't have joeb's fun of driving through Atlanta in the afternoon.
Last couple of years with Peach Pass have helped tremendously! I'll have it again this year and am hoping for the best.