View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 2019, 21:18 (Ref:3921734)   #640
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette View Post
I try to follow the races on YouTube since none of the TV channels I have seem to be covering this season. The fact that FIA is only streaming the live qualifications followed by just the finals is quite annoying and breaks the whole race. Whoever thought this was a good idea?

It's like watching the previous round of the champions league followed by the last ten minutes of the next game. The grid placement seems random, cars are missing, other cars are full of tape and presumably damaged. How are we supposed to get into the sport?

Is FIA deliberately trying to frustrate us into not caring about the sport anymore?
I don't follow. Here in the UK there is TV coverage but I still watch full coverage of the qualifying races which they stream on Youtube & Facebook, as well as the Semi-Finals and Finals. Basically, it's possible to watch every Supercar race of a weekend in full. And usually RX2 as well.

Grid placement is actually pretty simple, albeit long winded. Random grids for Q1 (although this weekend was slightly different, the drivers chose their slot and the order they could choose in was a random draw). Q2 and Q3 are based on who was quickest in Q1 but it's randomly decided if races will be fastest first or slowest first. Q4 is based on who was quickest in Q3 with the fastest guys last. There is never fewer than 3 cars on the grid and they try to have as many 5 car races as possible. So 16 cars will be two races of three and two of 5. 17 cars will be 3,4,5,5 and 18 would be 3,5,5,5

And the FIA aren't the ones who dictate the TV, that's IMG who run the series.