View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2004, 01:25 (Ref:1094582)   #5
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Patrick Carpentier:
"I really love this place. I guess you have to flip over the fence to do good here, because I have done real well here since that incident!"
Great win for Pat, he was in dominant form. Other than his rather lazy or safe start he was truly the class of the field. Bourdais IMO would have eventually succumbed as well if it weren't for his problems. I watched the race on Race Director and it was quite entertaining to listen to PT's pit radio after Pat passed him in the pits. He was swearing a blue streak and just *****ing at his team. I had to change it over to Tag's radio when the kids woke, don't need them cursing like PT.
Bourdais looked like a rookie again at some points, especially when he screwed up his braking and tore off his front wing end-plate. Wakey-wakey Sebastien. Speaking of rookies poor old AJ buggered it up again. Rather poorly timed attempt on Servia, but give the boys his props. He is going to be a force to be reckoned with.
And three cheers to Servia and Dale Coyne racing. Great to see them on the podium. Servia deserves some kind of reward for his driving this season. Instead of a trophy maybe they'll give him a stronger car.
Bruno's lucky to be in a championship winning position; Vegas will be the perfect opportunity for him to really step it up. Make or break time Bruno, let's see what your made of.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"