Thread: John Smith
View Single Post
Old 22 May 2019, 21:58 (Ref:3905288)   #24
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Tim,

Thank you, it’s the least that I could have done.

Unfortunately with all of our busy lives, certain important things simply don’t get done and when someone dies suddenly, we all have regrets such as saying to the person that you care for how much you love them and so on.

I wish that I had got back in touch with John earlier than last June but I was still recovering myself from my “Annus Horribilis”, the previous year and I wouldn’t really have been much help to him.

John said that he wished that I had told him how unwell I was when my illness began because he would have been there for me, bless him.

I said that I wouldn’t have done that because of his own health problems but he really touched me.

Fate however brought me to contact John again and I was ready to be a friend to him once more.

Seeing him getting back to the John that we all admired and loved was wonderful to watch and thank God that he had a happy and positive final months.

It’s so sad that he didn’t have many more years on this earth because we were planning a trip next year to the USA, a country we both love. John said we will hire a Mustang which would have been great fun.

Because he passed away unexpectedly, it is possible that an autopsy will be carried out to determine the cause of death. I have mixed feelings about this but to know what happened is important. John was always going to donate his organs upon death so this invasion of his body would not have bothered him. Typical John thinking of others.

I hope the decision is made quickly so his final wishes are kept without too much delay.

I’ll let everyone know in due course so arrangements can be made and we can all get on and celebrate his wonderful life.

Nitey nite.