View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2003, 21:47 (Ref:559578)   #14
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
First of all, if Roger Penske wanted back in CART, I'd let him in with open arms. I seriously don't think that he wants to be in the IRL. It's just that his sponsor wants to be at Indy, and that isn't legally possible if Penske is in CART.

Although I don't believe it, the rumor about Penske going to Formula 1 would be great. He has extensive ties to DaimlerChrysler, as Mercedes-Benz once supplied his CART engines and he runs Dodges in NASCAR, so he might be able to purchase Mercedes engines. He can run Helio Castroneves in one car, and buy out one of the versatile-stock-car-driving-Indiana-boys-whose-names-are-always-mentioned-when-someone-wonders-if-an-American-can-drive-in-F1's contracts (I bet it would be the angry one), and suddenly you have an American Formula 1 team with a driver that people will follow.