View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4060442)   #131
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
good article.

im def in the category of disliking whatever is bad for Norris!

but being objective, i thought this was a very interesting point:

If that had been allowed, then every driver would defend the inside into every corner and force the attacking car off the track on the exit, so you can’t attempt to overtake around the outside anymore. And you’re never going to be allowed the inside line, so you’re just not allowed to try and overtake.
I haven't read the article, but that quote above. There are holes in that argument. It is written as if you are able to somehow protect everywhere all at once. If the corner is narrow or fast, then that can be true. Which is why you just can't always expect to overtake in every corner. But we clearly see examples of people protecting the inside line hard (bit of an early apex) which results in a wide exit that opens up the inside on the exit. So a passing driver can setup entry differently, use a slightly later apex, then pass on the inside on corner exit.

I am sort of worn out on this topic. I don't know why I posted the above.

Richard