View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2021, 00:47 (Ref:4060680)   #133
peterelise
Racer

peterelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Totally ignores the steering angle Perez has on, he was never going to make it even if Lando gave him room, Perez is in the gravel before he even attempts to release the steering
This is what I thought as well. In my view, Lando gave him room in the sense he didn’t push him off and Perez took himself off with too much acceleration too early. The argument that Lando should still be penalised because he used all the road on exit is in my opinion flawed. If you have a car outside you trying to pass and who is on the accelerator, surely it is ok for the guy on the inside to also be on the accelerator and use as much road as the guy on the outside is not using. It is ludicrous to say Lando should have left Perez space when Perez wasn’t using it.

In my view, this lack of contact was a clear differentiating factor between Lando on Perez and Perez on Leclerc. On both occasions, Perez hit Leclrec when Leclerc was alongside. I confess to not being a fan of Perez and his driving style which has always been to put people off, including his past teammates on numerous occasions so I come to this incident carrying that starting opinion. I found it particularly rich of him to claim in the interview pen afterwards that this wasn’t his style ???