View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2021, 00:27 (Ref:4061948)   #144
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Let me just say that I am not a huge fan of either driver, but it seems to me as though Verstappen invites this kind of outcome from the way he races with others. He had effectively blocked off Hamilton on several occasions in a robust manner and I think Lewis was just not going to back down in this occasion.

I also put some of the blame on the grey area that is tarmac run off. It blurs the lines between what drivers can and can’t use as the racetrack and I’ve noticed a deterioration in driving standards since the grey menace appeared. For me, Verstappen isn’t making that corner but I don’t think Lewis is either, it’s only because Lewis got on the breaks after the impact that he made the corner. So in my view, both cars were heading off track and when you don’t have clearly defined track boundries that’s when confusion and miscommunication sets in between drivers.