View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2018, 19:17 (Ref:3849249)   #1
mwclarkson
Rookie

mwclarkson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Choosing marshal clothing

Hi everyone,

Had my first taste of marshalling at the BRSCC / TCR weekend at Croft and had a great time.

Getting my MSA paperwork done and I'm trying to figure out the best way of sorting clothing out on a budget.

There are the AWS overalls at £65 + VAT (I know you get a discount with BMMC membership but after paying for the membership it's still going to be north of £50 total). Seeing what others were wearing I think I'd need to add an orange waterproof jacket and trousers too, surely getting me into 3 figures before upgrading my walking boots.

eBay has loads of orange overalls at around the £15-20 mark, including FR labelling, and with enough layers under I wonder if this would be OK (I managed to feel safe with jeans, t-shirt and a decent 3-in-1 fleece/waterproof jacket under a tabbard at the weekend).

Somewhere in between in price are the Dickies everyday style overalls - though again they seem to have various upgraded versions.

If you were buying fresh gear from scratch today, what would you go for?

I know to use layers and I have thermal long johns, 4 different types of socks and various thicknesses of jumpers (year round biker for several years), it's just the particular flavour of orange I'm struggling to decide on.