View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2024, 17:44 (Ref:4193071)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I “hope” that F1 tries to stop trying to lead the climate change charge. I “hope” that the future of F1 is a reversion to “old school” engines from decades ago. Pure NA engines with high RPMs and maybe even no hybrid component Probably using fully synthetic fuels, but still throwbacks. I think F1 could become the next “horse buggy racing” and I am OK with that. I do think the manufacture need to be kicked out and the sport probably needs to shrink a bit. It's size drives the need for big money and big money brings agendas that don't align with what many fans want from a racing perspective. F1 needs more service toward the "sport" side than the "business" side. But that is a topic for another thread!
A bit of the 'hopes' linked to another thread, but my personal preference differs to yours here (which is fine).
I totally appreciate that things are not 100% perfect, and to strive for that is false hope.
But, I would hope that F1 provides a platform where some of the solutions to the climate change problem can be explored and developed. There are many ways in which progress can be achieved as a side effect of another activity, and motorsport is one of those when it comes to delivery of power, motion and aero. By utilising the sport as a testing ground, why not see improvements that can be delivered in other disciplines appear on the F1 track?