View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2024, 17:06 (Ref:4193339)   #24
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think there are many other places better suited for the debate over climate change.

I understood this thread to be more about the sport of F1, and the implications of changes to the sport (and how it is run) - in the context of a world that is trying to tackle climate change.

Whether climate change is real or not, the motivations of governments and multi-national bodies are not really relevant to the discussion here.

Maybe the best stance to start from, if this conversation is to remain productive, is to assume that:

F1 operates in a world, where many people are concerned about climate change.
As part of that, F1 will be scrutinised for its practices in relation to environmental concerns.

Treat the validity of climate change as an unknown. Start from the assumption it is true. Rather than challenge the assumption, lets accept it and discuss the implications?