View Single Post
Old 1 May 2015, 21:56 (Ref:3532744)   #2506
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Where did Audi double stint last year when Toyota couldnt? I recall they tried to do it at points last year and lost lots of time. Tailor made tires or not, they have harder or softer compounds. A 1:58 is not on the same pace as a 1:57. Just like Toyota wasnt on the same pace as the Porsche Still hopeful for the race pace.
Audi double stinted all the way in Spa, last year, while Porsche and Toyota only in parts of it. And Audi used the "‘high temperature’ SOFT" for that. Audi #1 even leapfrogged one of the Toyotas and finished 2nd with that.

On Bahrain, Porsche qualified on the ‘soft high temperature’ and used that for the whole race. Audi #1 and the Toyotas started on the "Medium". DiGrassi, started on the "Softs high temperature", on the other Audi. After the first stint, Audi saw that the Softs were consistent and, then, used them in both cars for the remainder of the race. Only Toyota kept on the Mediums Only team to double stint there was Rebellion.

At Interlagos, only Audi double stinted.

At China, Toyota used the "high temperature medium" for the whole race while Audi and Porsche used the "high temperature soft". Nobody double stinted and that shows how Toyota was the least consistent on tyres once more

At Fuji, again nobody double stinted. Toyota and Rebellion used the "low temperature soft" for the whole race while Audi and Porsche used the "high temperature soft". Here, you could say Toyota was marginally more consistent with the tires as a low temperature label suggests a more agressive one.

Finally, at CotA, Audi and Toyota started with the "Mediums" while Porsche with the "Softs". Audi was the only one to double stint there.

So, all in all, Audi was much more consistent with the tires in 2014.

If Toyota's hopes relies on only them double stinting tomorrow, I think they face a big surprise when everybody does it. And I mean all the 8 manufacturer LMP1s