View Single Post
Old 18 May 2021, 21:24 (Ref:4052210)   #1308
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Max, I accept that I'm a lone voice in the wilderness here and I do honestly respect everyone who has done their research and have made the decision that having the vaccine is what they want to do, I am genuinely happy for them (I honestly am).
However, as time has gone on I have personally started to question things, and to do my own research which has led me to not blindly believe all of the information that is being fed to us by the main stream media. (I can also assure you that I don't believe a lot of the apparently crack-pot theories put out by some of the front runners in the anti-vaccination movement either!).
I am happy to believe that I am taking a well balanced view by listening to BOTH sides of the argument and then forming a judgement on what course of action I currently want to take. I continue to keep an open mind on this and am currently in the fortunate position that should my opinion change, I can choose to have the jab, but as this procedure is irreversible, it is not a decision that I am going to take lightly.
I do honestly hope that whatever course of action we all individually take, the end result is that we learn to live with this horrible virus, and that life goes on, economies and everything else return to normal and that The World remain safe place for us and those who follow on after us. The amount of resources that have been thrown at the virus over the past 15 months or so has knocked a huge hole in what could have been done for cancer patients (to use your example), and I personally question why.
I'll most likely get shot down for this (as well) but I saw something which for me puts this into perspective: "I'd tell you a Covid joke but there's a 99.696% chance you won't get it".
Stay safe everyone, this IS a community, and I really do care about my friends.

Whilst baffled, I accept that you are sincere in the conclusion you have reached. However I have to say that there does seem more "hope" than rigour in your analysis. Your "joke" is virtually meaningless - unless by "get it" you mean die....in which case the percentage of the UK who have died is about right. However the percentage of the population known to have been infected (as a result of a positive test) is nearer 6.5%. And the outcomes in terms of deaths have only been kept to the level you consider derisory - because its a joke - because of the huge amount of resources devoted to it - of course at a cost to other programmes. However it does appear that some of the advances unearthed by the drive for a vaccine may well be significant in terms of treatment for other diseases.

I hope for your sake your view has traction. Mean time keep us posted on your travel plans so we can keep clear...........