View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4054230)   #32
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Yes it was interesting to be in the SC and hear (and be part of) all the comms, and to those that moan about SC deployments or about race control i would suggest people go and try it, it is an eye opener, particularly when you consider the amount of info beinfg sent in to RC if there are multiple incidents
Indeed; as someone who sits in the passenger seat reasonably frequently (and did a full season with British GT in 2019) I've found myself juggling several handsets at some meetings:

SC specific radio (two way)
Incident radio (listening)
Post chief/flag radio (listening)
Coordinator radio (two way)
...and sometimes listening to the race director's teams channel, too.

When something big happens, the channels light up and once we have an idea where it's all happening, the volume gets turned down!

Club meetings at e.g. Mallory are simple by comparison, as everyone is on the same channel.