View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4055840)   #1941
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Not going to happen. SA government binned off the Supercars event in the city, presumably as a result of the money they've indeed at The Bend Motorsport Park.

They gave many other reasons based on the costs of running the event, but the Adelaide branding is all over the Bend now.

I know my wife's rellies who live in the city are very pleased that they don't get the travel disruption any more!
I think also that the old extended GP circuit (the Supercars only used a shortened version) now has a lot of redevelopment going on that has resulted in some roads used now being either not there or re-routed.

The current State government opposition have vowed, if voted in, to get the (Supercars) race back on..... obviously as much as residents may object to tens of thousands of extras around the city, the local traders, hotels and restaurants loved it.