View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1200825)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think our generation has an unhealthy obsession about safety. There are some things that cannot be rendered "safe" for the benchmark Unsupervised Toddler, and ought to be left alone, and Rally Raid is one of these things.

As a former motorcycle rider, I was taught that a motorcycle is the safest vehicle on the road until it hits something or is hit by something. Then you are virtually certain to be severely injured or killed. I am certain that the people who join the Dakar have been thoroughly versed in the dangers and as well prepared as they can be -- it is their own lives on the line and anyone who would join the game would make sure they had the best possible chance of coming out the other end.

I say leave it alone, and may the best man or woman win. I don't want a "virtual Dakar".