Thread: TUI
View Single Post
Old 14 May 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1300603)   #14
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just emailed Mike as this is quite a large subject for me. I've suggested finding Ian Williams and Fred Opert who were the king pins behind the Supanova side of things, 73 onwards.
I do not have any lists of chassis numbers or stuff, but remember the period vividly. For example, at the end of 73, having won the UK Silver Cup and Coming 4th in the Euro Gold series, Toby St George Matthews who was my team mate, and I ran at Riverside and Laguna Seca, the final two rounds of the US series. The stories are endless . . . I think we left both cars with Fred at the end of the year, came home to build new season's cars.

I can't remember when Rosberg tested with us, probably in 73 at Goodwood. He was driving for Kaimann of course and we beat him in Sweden - he beat us at Silverstone, Zolder and somewhere else. Fantastic racing with Kottulinsky who I later teamed up with at Daytona, he in ATS Lola, me in BH4 where we shared the front row, Brorson, Persson, Nillson, Schurti etc.