Thread: TUI
View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2006, 14:40 (Ref:1526260)   #18
mrbcf
Rookie

mrbcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BH3 Tui

I realize this is an old post but I just stumbled across it. I have a BH3, chassis number 14. My progress on its restoration has been a little slow but is moving forward. Based on the SCCA logbook, the car first ran in the US at Laguna Seca in 1973. It also ran at Riverside in 1973. In 1974, it was run as a Fred Opert car with Chris Gleason driving it for the first half or so of the season. It appears that some others ran it as a rental in the latter part of 1974. In 1974, the car was light blue with a white nose and ran number 72. I wonder if this was one of the cars brought over from the UK by John Morrison. Does anyone have an idea of how to determine if that is the case? I don't know who ran the car at the two 1973 races but would be interested in knowing.

I have full results from the first 11 Gold Cup races in 1974. These show all of the drivers, sponsors, qualifying positions and finishing positions. The car number is also listed in the results for the IMSA-sponsored races. It also gives the pole time, etc. It's too much to post here but if there are questions about specific drivers or sponsors, I'll post what I can.

Bryan Fritzler