View Single Post
Old 9 May 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3244832)   #1559
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I disagree. I see the 962 as a direct continuation of the 917, 908, 906, 904, 550 lineage.
I said GrC, or does that now equal to 962... Don't look at 956/962 only, altough I don't see how that differs from any other GrC car except for it's legendary status. Especially towards the end of 1990s the basic form was getting quite similar across all the cars (front, the shape of the cockpit). Remove the liveries from the cars and they start to look quite similar especially if viewed from the front and zero brand indentity in the shapes alone.

Quote:
Actually, just a couple of days ago I read an article on Audi R18 on Autoblog.com. It's always more interesting to read the comments, as the public there is generally not very knowledgeable about racing. One of the commenters posted something like "The car looks so un-Audi". That kinda struck me, as such thought never even crossed my mind.
I bet he didn't even know it was a race car let alone realized it races at LM. Always surprises how clueless people are on these general car news sites and on Youtube comments and how unseriously they view the whole racing aspect.

And if brand identity means blatant Nascar-like stuff like this, then no thanks

Last edited by deggis; 9 May 2013 at 13:21.