View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2018, 00:16 (Ref:3861732)   #140
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
BTCC is far from boring, nearly every race creates incredible 4-wide action, so there is the potential to be exciting. TCR Germany also manages to create 4-abreast racing action.

I'd like to see former international Formula 3000 driver and Mighty Mouse Honda time attacker Rob Nguyen in a Civic, as well as Improved Production Honda ace Jordan Cox.

Manual-only hot hatches don't tend to sell well in Australia compared to their dual-clutch or automatic alternatives, as buyers seem averse to cars with clutch pedals -- go figure! You can't count on the buying public to have taste [try finding a BMW M140i hot hatchback with manual transmission, they are outnumbered 9:1 by automatic models]. Meanwhile, 80% of rental cars in Europe are manual, and over there it's just normal for cars to be manual.
How much is the European manual market driven by distributor offering? Manual seems to be vanishing in NZ altogether, even in commercial vehicles too. I know of a truck fleet of around 600 with less than 20 manuals because they struggle to find drivers that can drive them.