View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3877174)   #323
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Yes Mike, CPD for cars registered on a V5 - as all mine are. I don't know about pure racecars - but there must be plenty of people that do know - I refer to the FJ 3-year world tour that's just ended, cars from USA, SA, Oz, NZ etc have been schlepping round the world. And hasn't delta just shipped a car down under for fun and frolics next month? 'just because most of us don't do it doesn't mean it's difficult'.
Yes the bail bond I expect would be as it was back in the 60s, as I mentioned earlier. It did apply to road cars being driven on holiday too, but back then the only country requiring actual money to be lodged was Spain; my father and I drove through 7 countries to Istanbul and back on a carnet provided IIRC by the RAC continental travel service, but there was no actual bond sum paid. There was a mutual understanding that holidaymakers would be returning in the same vehicle they went in.