Thread: WEC Race 2012 Six Hours of Fuji
View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3149283)   #55
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Actually, Lotterer in session 2 ran a 1:29.073, which for a margin of victory would equate to only a few inches (.002 equals about 1-2 inches or less).

I wonder how the LMP2s fared compared to a GT500, considering that the factory LMP1s are lapping around Fuji only about 3-4 seconds faster than a GT500 (and might go faster as the track gets rubbered in). Also, I how do the factory LMP1s compare to a Formula Nippon car in Fuji's current config as far as sector times.

Also surprised to see Audi and Toyota still running the sprint bodywork, since Fuji is similar to Paul Ricard in layout and having a long straight as a dominant feature. Is Fuji that much more downforce oriented than PR, or is the sprint bodywork all that Audi and Toyota have available to them this late in the season?
I said Toyota's fastest time from the morning, their overall best so far. Not the best In the afternoon they were a tenth behind and concentrated on long runs.