View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2023, 22:26 (Ref:4141224)   #166
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems official: ABC News item https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-...eway/101886786

I don't know about 'internationally embarrassing', what I find embarrassing are overblown claims, but I guess that is par for the course in the contest for the public's heart and mind, not to mention their votes ...

I am not sure that I find what could be described as bullying of residents and councillors to be particularly edifying, but overall the commitment goes to the heart of the problem.

I think this raises the stakes for BAC, they now have to get with the program. Hopefully, having been thrown a lifeline, they can use that to rebuild their relationship with council and residents - not regard it as a 'get out of jail free' card. The proof of that pudding will be what they bring to the table in developing a new DA application.

Be interesting to see what the LNP response is, if any - they may choose to let that one alone and fight other battles.