View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2023, 05:44 (Ref:4146991)   #172
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is basically the solution I proposed for the circuit's problems - retirement of BAC, new operator with credibility.

Shelley will need some deep pockets I reckon, which Quinn certainly has if he puts his hand in them, but where Shelley has a head start is in being something of a local, with a local track record.

The acid test will be the new DA, how it is received by Council and the residents. My fingers are crossed.

It is interesting, I was talking to another ex-resident who now lives at Newcastle on the weekend, about how BAC must be hurting, and the locals are hurting, and motorsport is hurting. After Quinn walked (?), I was not expecting a sale so soon.

Also interesting, the local member trying to claim credit - obviously the Libs didn't want to do anything like Lanor was proposing (understandable, I reckon that is a crock). I wonder what sort of a steer the mayor gave Shelley, about DA conditions that might be acceptable for WP into the future? He must think there is a style of operation that will be acceptable to Council, and that residents might stomach.

That might in part be dependent on the price paid, if Shelley got it for a discount (50c in the dollar say), or payment based on future circuit revenue, then maybe he has more maneuvering room than BAC, and more motivation to make it work profitably under a future DA.

Interesting times, but a very welcome development in this sorry saga.