View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2019, 10:54 (Ref:3899145)   #80
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had a good day as well. Great weather, decent racing in the majority of classes - including the RX150's - and a close Supercar final.

Real shame to (yet again) see Hill have bad luck. Mike Manning still doesn't seem to have got that Fiesta sorted, hope he manages to make some more progress with it as I think he is going to really struggle in Europe with the car in it's present state. Great to see Tohill get the win, I thought he had the speed at Silverstone, he just wasn't as tidy as Godfrey. Good showing from Julian in the Fiesta (though a shame that he hasn't used the time in the garage to get rid of that godawful livery!).

As Bert says the Super National class was a bit of a one horse race. That Clio has so much grunt that, once it's putting the power down, Tristan already has breathing space behind him by the first corner.

Liam was absolutely wringing the neck of that RS200. Seemed to have a few issues in the heats, but it was an absolute missile in the final. Harris wasn't exactly slow in his RS200, but Doran left them all behind. First time I can recall seeing a 4WD car laying rubber all round the elbow as well! Really enjoyed the little scraps thoughout the Retro field, even the cars at the back were trading places. Shame to see that Stratos get smashed up.

Seemed a decent size crowd and I was glad to see that there were adequate facilities to match.

The only real negative were the start line issues which caused a few delays, but the whole thing still wrapped up before the curfew.