Thread: Winter Projects
View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3880232)   #2496
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
Tim,

spoke with them this afternoon. Polite and helpful, but suprised at their lack of FIA compatability knowledge. I would have thought that engine people with their reputation would have their fingers on the pulse for the historic side of the V8 world.

Certainly they will be able to do a crate engine for you, but they do NOT do any of their own machining. It is all outsourced, and crate engines will come from the US.

They can do me a new 1 piece seal block, but were unable to give me any advice as to whether or not the older, but later, oil seal block is acceptable for FIA.
They wouldn't know, they mainly supply to the kit car and rodders market. You need to find out yourself what's compatible and go from there.