View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3882394)   #249
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Do we really think WTCR is big enough for a paywall?

Put it on youtube, tell everyone and anyone its on there. Make a little bit of money from adverts being displayed on youtube... Not as much as you make from a TV deal, but heck you might actually build an audience...

SRO have it 100% correct in that respect. Dont charge the consumer, because the more of them you have, the more likely manufacturers will want to show up, and sponsors will want to be in the championship...

I wouldn't say SRO have it 100% right, as they still have geoblocking in many parts of the world.

The geoblocking completely turns me away. Some places upload the races unofficially, but even then I don't bother most of the time. Why watch lower quality unofficial streams for Blancpain stuff on occasionally dodgy websites when I can watch ADAC GT Masters, VLN and even GT Open easily in high quality on YouTube?

I do feel that the YouTube route (without geoblocking) should be the one the WTCR takes. Maybe it's just the small circle of racing fans I know here in the States, but none of them pay any attention to WTCR mainly due to the fact they can't watch it easily, so I feel like free streaming that is easy to find is the best way to sort of "re-build" the status of the series and gain an audience again.

The quality of the grid certainly deserves to have a lot of eyes on it.