View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2019, 22:15 (Ref:3891433)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was trying to think of an alternative to Valtteri. Verstappen was a candidate. Fantastic race and well-executed (if DRS-aided) move on Vettel and a good job to beat the Ferraris. Perhaps the Ferraris weren't just slow against Red Bull, but here the driver made the difference. But with Gasly out of position, it's tricky to judge his performance. Raikkonen was way ahead of Giovinazzi, but I was hoping he'd get the Alfa a bit higher up. Kvyat turned the tables on Albon, but again, he's up against a rookie and the midfield is tight, so a four-place difference is not so big.

In the end, Bottas it is. Hamilton couldn't respond to the challenge and, although he may not have gone full steam for the race, his team-mate's victory margin was nonetheless convincing. So I tried, but went for the boring bit very fair option! When we get to some tracks with more possibilities for overtaking moves, there may be more opportunities to reward big moves and dramatically decent performances.