Thread: DTM 2021
View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2021, 04:35 (Ref:4076372)   #447
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Speaking of TV ratings, I wonder what value they put into streaming views and such, and whether or not their moves to other streaming platforms have gone well for them.

I haven't watched DTM or ADAC GT this season because of their moves away from YouTube, and most people I know only casually watched them and haven't watched them since then either.

I didn't even know where ADAC was streaming their races until like a month ago when I stumbled across it in the comments section someplace. Not sure if I'm just blind, but I couldn't find anything about where to watch it on the English version of the ADAC site. My first experience with the motorsport.tv site wasn't positive though, as the first race starts like 2 laps into the race and the player buffers like crazy so I just gave up and haven't tried it again.

As for DTM on MTOD... Yeah I'm not giving MTOD any money.

I've seen people say things like BoP or electric cars are ruining their interest in motorsport, but for myself it's geoblocking and paywalls to watch. Especially after getting spoiled and having easy to watch series on YouTube for years, when they suddenly go "oh nevermind, now give us money to watch this next season" I just nope out and find some other series to watch or go play a racing game instead.

Going off on a bit of grouchy tangent at this point though I guess...