Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS500
JB will have some spare time next year he's not afraid to speak his mind
You have all clearly missed the point of the BBC version of the show.

None of the presenters are motor-sport identities/personalities (exception being [Shuey/Johnny Herbert/Alain Menu/Mansell] the multi personaltied STIG)

The fact that it isn't based on Motor-sport makes it so much more appealing,
I mean even Auntie Cranker loves it, and she wouldn't know Mark Skaife from a horses ass......don't even think it...

The good writing, the amazing scenery, as Brett mentioned, the incredibly large budget.(careful Brett, they might poach your La Porchetta sponsorship from you, and the crew would have buy their own Tuesday night dinner !)

Imagine the first challenge they do in the Aussie version.(with an SBS sized budget)

A $200 70's 4 cyl 'supercar' challenge, and what do they buy ?

A UC Torana: a TD Cortina and a Chrysler Centura, all with at least $100 left over, which will pay the towing bill to get the **** heaps back to the studio.

As for 'a star in a reasonably priced car', I'm seeing a Kia..... with Ben Cousins driving it; hang on he'll park it 5 corners in and do a runner on foot.......

As much as I love the show, it will be like watching the American version of 'The Office': nothing but a cringe-worthy poor imitation.

All we can hope for is they use 'motoring' presenters at the end of their use- by; that way it will finish their career's.

Does anyone have phone numbers for Will Hagen, John Smailes, Mike & Andy Raymond, David Tapp, Darryl Eastlake, Wade Aunger,

Any others you'd care to add.....

Last edited by Woolley; 19 Nov 2007 at 13:58.