View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2018, 21:25 (Ref:3860773)   #84
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
OK, forget about all the legal and official paperwork, and let put it practically. If you're not born in Australia, you're not an Australian, and never can be. You can be a citizen of the Australia, but you'll never be an Australian.

I deal with a lot of asian immigrants, and when some of them say they are New Zealanders and I laugh at them, they wonder why. When I explain it to them, they seem to finally get it. Like if I got Chinese citizenship, no one on the planet would call say I'm Chinese, because I'm a white Kiwi and I look nothing like Chinese. The lines seem to be more easily blurred when it's white guy going to another white country because to look at them you can't tell where they were born.
So two of Australia’s most recent Prime Ministers aren’t Australian?

You seem to be confusing nationality with race or some other attribute. A person with Australian Citizenship is an Australian for all legal and moral purposes.