View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3868522)   #52
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Also, the QLD govt is dreaming. First Indycar heard about their return was when they read the press release...
Ahem...

Quote:
“We arrive on Thursday morning, Australia east coast time, for TV meetings in Sydney, and then head up north on Friday for discussions with local government, and fly home Saturday morning,” Miles told Motorsport.com.

“We have tried to make some inroads and not gained a lot of traction over the past couple of years, ... I received an email within 24 hours inviting me down here, and I accepted right away. There’s obviously a keen interest but as yet I can’t tell you we’ve discussed the precise substance of what it would take to make it happen.”
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/moto...lks/ar-BBPFRlj

Indycar are interested, the Government is interested -- it would be a fantastic event and vastly, vastly superior to a Supercars event. Perhaps it would be unable to match the profile of the Melbourne Grand Prix, but it would still be a fantastic event none the less.